It is of utmost importance that you purchase the correct device for your child in order to ensure smooth operation at all times. We make use of the IT School learner management system which enables us to upload and manage all textbooks for all learners. The system also gives us the ability to enrich the textbook with extra material such as pictures, videos, questionnaires etc. Harvest is also fully equipped with a state of the art Wi-Fi system that will enable our children and staff to access their textbooks and resources. Please note that the school does not provide the learners with internet access; all resources are downloaded from our local IT School server. With this said, your child will be able to access resources, if they are not at school, via any third party internet provider.
Tablet specifications 2020:
It is important to note that Harvest Christian School has adopted a cyber-safety approach. It has therefore been decided that all students will have to use the Chromebook from 2020. This is compulsory for all Grade 4's and all new students to Harvest Christian School. Students who use other devices may continue to do so until they need to replace it.
WHY DO WE PREFER CHROMEBOOKS?
- Harvest is a registered Google Education School.
- Chromebooks offer a unique management system which affords the school the opportunity to manage applications and usage.
- Chromebooks purchased through our Chrome store are safe and secure.
- All staff are trained Google G-Suite operators.
- Chromebooks works extremely well with the Mi-ebooks application fro IT Schools.
- Our Chrome store will prepare your child's device, add it to the management system and deliver it to the school.
- It is affordable.
WHERE CAN I BUY MY CHROMEBOOK?
We have our own Chrome Store.
Click here to place your order.
Only prefered devices will be listed in our store.
WHERE DO I HAVE TO ORDER MY CHROMEBOOK?
IS THE CHROMEBOOK INSURED?
No, the Chromebook is not insured and only carries the normal supplier warranty. We advise parents to insure all devices against theft and breakages.
IS THERE ANY AFTER-SALES SERVICE?
Chromebooks that need to be repaired under warranty will be collected from school. The normal turn-around time on repairs is 21 working days.
For any further information please feel free to contact us.